RTA Summit Code of Conduct
The StarTree community is made up of people from all over the globe, spanning different experiences, languages, cultures, beliefs, experience levels, and more. We welcome and embrace this diversity and want this environment to be a warm, safe, respectful, generous, and welcoming experience for everyone. With that, we created a general code of conduct.
Behaviors that reinforce these values contribute to a positive environment, and include, but not limited to:
- Be friendly and patient.
- Be welcoming. We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports people of all backgrounds and identities. This includes, but is not limited to, members of any race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, color, immigration status, social and economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical appearance, family status, technological or professional choices, academic discipline, religion, mental ability, and physical ability.
- Acknowledging time and effort. This community is composed of volunteers. This is not a “paid” support forum. Expressing gratitude to those who help you goes a long way.
- Be respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences. Not all of us will agree all the time, but disagreement is no excuse for poor behavior or poor manners. We might all experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow that frustration to turn into a personal attack. It’s important to remember that a community where people feel uncomfortable or threatened is not a productive one.
- Be careful in the words that you choose. Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other community members. Harassment and other exclusionary behavior are not acceptable. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Violent threats or violent language directed against another personb. Discriminatory jokes and languagec. Posting sexually explicit or violent materiald. Posting (or threatening to post) other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”)e. Personal insults, especially those using racist or sexist termsf. Unwelcome sexual attentiong. Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviorh. Repeated harassment of others. In general, if someone asks you to stop, then stop
- No soliciting. This community is built for collaborative support and encouragement, not a place for sales or solicitation. Please keep any sales-related efforts out of this community. Event promotions are welcome.
Reporting and enforcement:
Code of conduct violations reduce the value of the community for everyone, and we take them seriously. If you believe someone is violating the code of conduct, please let us know.
To report an incident, email us at email@example.com or fill out this anonymous form. While attending Real-Time Analytics Summit, you can also report an incident at the StarTree community desk.
If a participant engages in behavior that violates this code of conduct, the StarTree community Code of Conduct team may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the community and community events with no refund of event tickets.
This code of conduct was written with inspiration from our friends at Python Developer + Project Jupyter communities.